Collecting and storing your information
Swan River Seaplanes collects and stores your data in order to be able to provide you with our unique seaplane tours.
The data we collect and store will vary depending on how you interact with us and our website. Typically your data will be stored in a few different places.
- Here on this website. If you fill out our corporate events contact form, we will store any details that you put into that form. This is because email is pretty unreliable, so we want to make sure we don’t miss anything that you’ve asked or told us.The minimum required information we need to deal with your contact is your email address, first name and contact number.We occasionally go through and remove older stored contacts, but the information you have submitted through our forms might be stored for up to two years.
- In MailChimp. If you’ve let us know that you want to get our newsletters, or if you’ve been on an adventure with us in the past, you may be on our mailing list. We use MailChimp to manage and send our emails and newsletters, so your information is also stored over there.You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time – with MailChimp it is quick, easy, and compliant with data privacy laws.
- In our booking system, Customlinc. If you have made a booking with us, we will store your data in our booking system. This allows us to provide real-time booking availability to our customers, and manage our bookings and post-booking follow ups.
Using your info
Although we store your data, we don’t do anything exceptional with it.
Data submitted through our contact forms is used to:
- Answer your enquiries or respond to your feedback; and
- Provide non-identifiable statistics on the interactions we’re getting. For example, we might use the number of submissions asking the same question to decide we need to add a new FAQ to our site.
Data stored in MailChimp is used to:
- Send you dealls that we think you might like;
- Give you the chance to snag last-minute specials;
- Keep you up to date with changes we have made in our business; and
- Provide identifiable statistics on how well people are engaging with our newsletters. For example, we can see if you have opened our newsletters and whether you have clicked on our links.Although these statistics can be linked with your details in MailChimp, we generally use them in a combined, non-identifiable way – e.g. to report that x% of users clicked on an offer.
Data stored by our booking system is used to:
- Provide the service you have booked, to the right person, at the right time;
- Confirm that payment has been received; and
- Allow our staff to see real-time availability and bookings.
When you book with us, you are paying through a third-party gateway. This means that we do not store any of your payment details. The only payment information we have on you is how much you spent, and whether it went through correctly.
Please note that if you want to delete any payment information, you will have to contact the payment providers directly. As we don’t store this information, of course we cannot delete it for you.
Cookies don’t have a great deal of personally identifiable information – it’s only data that you have already provided, or that our webserver can see anyway. They just make it easier and faster for the info to be used by the website, and make it possible for data to be passed between different webpages without needing you to log in.
You can block cookies through your browser, but if you do so, you’ll find most of the web just won’t work for you any more – including our website.
Tracking and retargeting pixels
Our website uses the Facebook Pixel in order to see how you interact with our site and Facebook adverts. When you see one of our ads on Facebook moments after you’ve been on our website, that’s because of the Facebook Pixel.
Your data privacy rights
Your rights allow you to ask us to delete any of your info at any time. You also have the right to know exactly what data we are storing on you. If at any time you want to access your data, or have it deleted, just drop us an email at [email protected].
If you ask to have your information deleted, we will put our best technical people on it and remove all trace of you from our systems. It’s as easy as that.
If you have a complaint about any of our collection or storage of your information, in the first instance please contact us at [email protected]. We always strive to make sure we’re giving you the standard of service you want, and your privacy is no exception.
We don’t ever sell or share your details with other people or organisations. Only authorised members of our staff have access to your information, and use it strictly for the purposes of running our business.